The Mission of the Northville Public Schools
The Mission of the Northville Public Schools, a district committed to excellence, is to ensure opportunities for students to demonstrate skills, knowledge and attitudes for achieving personal success and for becoming responsible citizens in partnership with parents, staff and community in a caring, challenging environment.
The Vision Statement describes what we hope to become and inspires us to stretch toward these possibilities.
We strive for a school community where:
- students exercise initiative and expect success
- graduates are prepared to meet life's challenges and to serve others
- families, staff and community work in close partnership
- teachers are educational leaders
- respect for individuals is demonstrated.
- Student learning is our highest priority,
- every person has unlimited potential for learning,
- people need to learn throughout their lives,
- people learn in different ways, at different rates and at different times,
- self-esteem is essential for success, and success builds self-esteem,
- in the value of the individual,
- educated citizens are essential to our democratic society,
- the quality of life in our community is directly related to the quality of our schools,
- community trust and support are required for quality education, and
- education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff and community.
- Learning begins at birth and quality early childhood experiences lay the foundation for academic success.
Parameters are the boundaries within which the district strives to operate. As we strive to achieve our mission, we will operate within these guidelines:
- We will encourage staff, students, parents, and community to participate in the district and building-based decision-making process.
- We will not allow expenses to exceed revenues.
- We will maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Programs and services will be research-based, cost effective, and include staff training and assessment.
- We will achieve an 11% or greater fund balance.
- The District Improvement Process will guide decision making and encourage the development of professional learning communities.